Your Shirt. Your Design. Our Craftmanship
Your shirt is the backbone of your outfit, so feeling like this second skin works for you, befits your occasion and feels fantastic to wear is of paramount importance to us.
The Where And The When
Whether you need your shirt for days in the office, your Big Day, or just for a wardrobe refresh, our choice of Swiss and Italian shirtings will include the perfect shirting just right for you. A shirt doesn’t just have to serve a purpose, it should bring you pleasure and a little spontaneity too. Peruse our cloths, or use our filters to fit your occasion.
- Select your cloth, fit, collar and cuff.
- Choose the fit that works for you: Classic, Tailored or Slim.
- Provide your neck size and sleeve length.
- Your shirt is then hand cut and hand machined especially for you at Budd's own Andover workshop, using the same methods of construction as our bespoke service. Hand cut, single needle stitching, hand turned collars, and hand cut button holes are just some of the elements that make your shirt special.
- Hand monogramming is available for an extra personal touch.
Budd offers several ways of ordering your made to measure shirt, ensuring you feel confident in your measurements and selection:
- Online – Select your made to measure cloth, follow our simple step-by-step process on how to measure either yourself or your favourite shirt and input your measurements and selections.
- In store – We love to see you face to face. Let one of the team measure you up and take you through cloth and styling options in person.
- Virtual appointment – book an online video call with one of our experts and have them guide you through the measuring process, step by step, advise you on best fit and talk you through your cloth and design.
Add a personal touch to your made to measure shirt with an embroidered monogram. Simply choose your initials, the position and thread colour on our guided order form.
Our live chat facility is active throughout the day, so feel free to ask us any questions.
The Nitty Gritty
Delivery time of 6-8 weeks.*
Minimum order - one shirt.
Prices start at £225.
Monogramming from £25 + (two letters).
We offer three different fits within our Made to Measure service, ensuring that we have the ideal cut for each of you.
Our Classic Fit has a clean shoulder line and enough fullness for those who have lived well. This is Budd's original shirt block, and reflects the traditional shirt cut of old favoured by Jermyn Street.
Our Tailored Fit is cut with room and comfort in the chest and shoulders, but with a neat, not tight waistpoint. A compromise between our fuller, Classic Fit and our trim, Slim Fit.
A more contemporary cut, our Slim Fit has been designed with a trimmer sleeve and is an altogether closer fitting shirt across the body, providing clean lines. A shirt that shows off your silhouette.
Choose from our broad library of shirtings online and hundreds more in store. We offer the highest quality cloths by Europe's finest shirting mills, including Alumo, Thomas Mason and Monti. Whether you are after a superior Soyella, or the softest cotton and cashmere blend, we have something for every taste. Can't find what you are looking for? Simply contact our shop team for more help.
Showing a little cuff under a jacket or sweater always looks elegant. Typically, a ¼” or ½” flash of cuff is best. In fact, a lack of visible cuff is often perceived as untidy or ill-considered, lacking polish.
Cuffs have always served to anchor the sleeve. Traditionally, they would fasten with ribbon, replaced by traditional links as time went on. These were double cuffs, and the term still applies today, with double cuffs sometimes referred to as French cuffs instead.
Recent years have seen a rise in popularity in button cuff shirts, known more generally as single cuffs. This is thanks largely to their increased acceptance into the work wardrobe as well as the perfect, most convenient and comfortable option for casual dress too.
A single cuff with a cufflink is best saved for white tie dress only.